Thursday, September 20, 2012

On My Knees, Overwhelmed

"Find You On My Knees" - Kari Jobe

Troubles chasing me again
Breaking down my best defense
I'm looking
God, I'm looking for You
Weary just won't let me rest
And fear is filling up my head
I'm longing
God, I'm longing for You
But I will
Find You in the place I'm in
Find You when I'm at my end
Find You when there's nothing left of me to offer You except for brokenness
You lift me up, You never leave me thirsty
When I am weak, when I am lost and searching
I find You on my knees

So what if sorrow shakes my faith
What if heartache still remains
I'll trust You
My God, I'll trust You
And I will
Find You in the place I'm in
Find You when I'm at my end
Find You when there's nothing left of me to offer You except for brokenness
You lift me up, You never leave me thirsty
When I am weak, when I am lost and searching
I find You on my knees....

WOW... Ok, I've been listening to this song on repeat for the past couple of days. Can't get enough of the words. It describes perfectly the place I'm in right now. So often I feel out of touch and out of reach.  I tend to want to give up on a lot of things and just stop searching and trying. I start to feel that nothing will ever truly change for me, no matter what I do. I feel too far away, but that's just not true.

The Lord is always near, even when I can't feel His presence. He does not and will not leave, and He's right here in the place I'm in, when I'm at my end. I don't deserve it, but He still covers me with His grace. Whatever my mistakes, whatever my shortcomings, He meets me in those places. I don't have to feel alone. I don't have to feel hopeless. I just have to keep believing and pouring truth into my life. My fickle heart and mind tend to wander away, but I am always brought back to the reality that I am loved and cherished by the Lord. He gives me purpose and reason, even when I don't always know what those things are. He began a good work, and He will finish it. That's quite a promise right there, and He will not break it. What is better than that? I will choose to rest in that reality today.

I am completely overwhelmed by this LOVE today. I wish I could adequately explain what I feel, but words fail me...Just remember: He meets us where we are, no matter the place. We are never too far gone or without hope.

1 comment:

  1. Very eloquently said, Maegan. So many of us feel the way that you do, lost, alone, weak.....but as you say, we don't have to feel, lost, alone, or weak as long as we continue to believe His truth and His love for us. As long as we continue to search our hearts and know that He is molding us to His good.

    Thanks for sharing your heart with so many.

    Caroline Hollander,(your Daddy's cousin)

    ReplyDelete