Monday, July 23, 2012

I Lack...

Isaiah 40:28-29
"Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
He gives power to the faint, and to him
who has no might he increases strength."

WHOA! I love these two verses right here. It makes me think about the fact that God is everything I lack.  He is constant when I am inconsistent in all my thoughts and feelings about any given thing.  He is so strong when I am beyond weak.  He is joyous when I am sad.  He makes a way when I cannot decide which direction to turn.  He is peace when all about me is pure chaos.  He is absolute truth when my mind is filled with lies.  He is confident when I am insecure.  HE IS ALL THAT I AM NOT.  And thank goodness!  There is something on which I can rest at any given time, any moment.

It is difficult for me to wrap my mind around all of this.  My God is completely solid and dependable, and I am continuing to realize this day after day.  When I feel like I want to give up, He lets me know that that is not an option.  I learn these things from the many wonderful and encouraging people in my life.  I am blessed beyond measure, and I wouldn't trade any of it for the world.  I also learn these things any time I read the Word.  I'll admit that it is hard for me to turn straight to the Bible at times, because I feel like I won't find exactly what I need, but I am quickly reminded that that thought is a load of crap.  I find what I need every time, and I choose to believe the words.  It has taken me quite some time to really believe what I read and what I am told through others, but I'm finally in a place where I can believe things for myself.  What a change!

I'll continue to repeat that these last couple of months have been a journey.  I am learning a lot, but I have a long way to go.  But I suppose we all have a long way to go.  This is all a process, and there will always be more to learn.  That is a little scary to me though, because sometimes I want to simply reach a stopping point with everything.  I want to experience some grand revelation that keeps me sustained for the rest of my life, but I don't think life is supposed to work that way.  We are all a work in progress, each being on a different journey.  And I am choosing to believe that this fact is absolutely beautiful.  There is beauty in little light bulbs turning on from time to time, and there is even beauty in the imperfections.  I could go on and on about my desire for perfectionism, but that is most assuredly going to be brought up in another post.  There's not enough room on this one.

Anyway...today I will choose to rest in the strength of the Lord, accepting His peace and security.

No comments:

Post a Comment