Saturday, July 21, 2012

No More Fog.

There is fog all about me as I drive, and none of it seems to be letting up. I can't see clearly no matter how hard I try, no matter what I try to do.  I cannot see.  But I keep driving in hopes that something might change.

Going the distance is starting to slowly prove successful.  The further I drive, the lighter the fog becomes.  I can see buildings and sidewalks and people driving beside me.  Onward I go, and I'm still seeing more and more clarity.

There it is, a clear view.  I can see everything again.  I can make my way.  My view is not cloudy, no fog all around me, so I keep moving forward.

I am slowly learning that if I simply keep trying and pushing through the tough stuff, things eventually start to get better.  All of this may be redundant, but it is what I am learning day after day.  My mind is a scary place a lot of the time, but I am beginning to experience better things.  My perspective is morphing into something I've never known before.  I can't help but want to share this hope I have now.  I can't help but share the fact that things can change for the good.  I can't help but share that I experience a newness every morning without even trying.  Yes, I am working hard to make things different, but it is only by the grace of God that I have had any amount of strength to do so.  I have come to the realization that maybe life is really worth it, maybe I really do have a purpose, and I will cling to this with all that I have.  I will not lose it.  I will not succumb to what is destructive.

I want the newness to continue to show up, so I will keep doing my best to fill my mind with truth.  A dear friend reminded me that while it is great to get all of the negativity out, it is imperative to replace it..otherwise the chaos will return.  I will cling to truth; I will cling to hope.  I do not feel empty anymore, and I could never adequately express how good that feels.

So here I am living another day, grateful for the changes taking place within me.  And if somehow I can reach just one person, it has all been worth it.

That's it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my sweet, precious Maegan! You will never know how much joy these words bring to your mother's heart (and your dad's too as soon as he reads it)! God has been gracious to you, but you have to receive the grace in order for it to permeate your life and you have done that! I'm so very proud of you, happy for you and hopeful of how amazing your future will be!!! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you and how His purpose will be played out in your life! Open heart, willing spirit, teachable mind and God's Word is an awesome combination!!! I love you to the moon and back!

    ReplyDelete